…Giwa Snubs Dalung
The crisis rocking Nigerian football is getting messier by the day as there indications that an extra-ordinary congress will hold today in Abuja with the sole aim of banning Chris Giwa and his group.
The Amaju Pinnick led board is taking this step based on the letter written by FIFA on Monday giving the NFF the go ahead to punish all erring members of the football family.
A good number of FA chairmen and secretaries have already arrived in Abuja in time for the congress.
However, feelers from the Giwa camp said any such assembly will be viewed by the court as contempt as the Jos Federal High Court has equally disbanded the congress.
One of the top officials told AfricanFootball.com Giwa is equally aware that part of the agenda of the congress was to ban on him.
Last week, the Giwa group got the court to re-list their case against the NFF leadership, which they had suspended two years ago.
They argued that they returned to the court after last year’s AGM in Abuja barred other stakeholders besides past and present congress delegates from vying for elective offices.
Meanwhile, Giwa has called the bluff of r Solomon Dalung, the Youth and Sports Minister, by insisting that he would forcefully take over the secretariat of the Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday.
Dalung had advised Giwa and his cohorts not to take laws into their own hands and allow peace to reign in Nigerian Football following last Friday’s court ruling in Jos, which the NFF had appealed against.
Giwa also announced the dissolution of all State Football Associations, in a move that is seen by close watchers as direct affront to the Sports Minister’s directives that he has no powers to do such.